SPACELAB ARCHITECTURE - www.spacelb.gr (via www.contemporist.com)
Things I Love:
- The contrast between the orange worksurface and the bank of tall black housing units. The contrast makes both areas stand out.
- the black strip lights running down both sides of the island.
- I love the texture of the cylindrical island extractor it looks like a brushed steel which I think works very well against the matt black housing units.
- The wallpaper which looks like newspaper print.
Things I Love:
- The variation of colour used for each drawer in the vanity unit, but I also love that the drawers are not all flush and that there is a bit of movement in the position that they sit, it creates a lovely effect against the smooth sllek lines that are created by the large grey floor and wall tiles.
- The chunky white worktop with the square edge profile.
- The simple sleek mirror which runs not only at the sink area but right over the bath, the lighting below the mirror makes the mirror appear to be floating.
This is a small kitchenette which is in this apartment.
- The sleek handleless lines of the white units.
- The yellow worktop with matching splashback and moulded sink in the same yellow colour.
- The thin frame fitted around the kitchenette, which works well with the ceiling detail and overhead lighting.
|Source: All images are via www.contemporist.com|
- The sink/vanity unit is stunning. I love the colour of the worksurface mixed with the rich dark woods and the cool great tiles.
- The worksurface has been designed with a moulded sink in the same colour which continues the streamlined look instead of breaking it up with a white sink bowl.
- The way that the worksurface has been fitted with the wood panelling not sitting below the bottom of the worktop like a standard worksurface would sit, it has been brought right up to sit flush with the top of the worksurface which I have never seen before but I think it looks great.