Monday 9 January 2012

Tailored Precision Victorian Townhouse

     Mazen Studios  - www.mazenstudios.ca    


This is the home of interior designer Mazen El-Abdallah of Toronto's Mazen Studio. He redesigned his Victorian home to feel more like a modern, open-concept loft. Whilst I watched the video tour of his home on the House and Home website he chatted about some simple but effective ideas he introduced into his home, these ideas I found to be great  design ideas that I found very interesting which are detailed below:

     Ideas and Design Thoughts I Love     
  • The living room had furniture with legs to raise the furniture up off of the floor which creates a more open space.





     Ideas and Design Thoughts I Love     
  •  6ft x 9ft mirror in the entracne hallway which opens up and reflects the space.
  • The living room and vestibule/entrance hall are open plan so instead of having to put up a partition to separate the different areas he opted for fitting a different floor covering in the entrance hall area which I think works very well.




     Ideas and Design Thoughts I Love     
  • In the kitchen he painted a square shaker style kitchen door to black and didn't add any handles this allowed him to create a modern, contemporary kitchen with a traditional twist. 
  • The master bedroom is very simple and features wall mounted lamps which can be pulled over the bed when reading at night but also look quirky because they are not standard lamps sitting on a bedside table.


Source: www.mazenstudio.ca


     Ideas and Design Thoughts I Love     

This area above is Mazens day room, instead of having a second bedroom he knocked down the wall and opened the space to create a hall landing. 
  • I love the detail at the sideboard, I love the large square mirror being offset with the two smaller square pictures below. I love how the mirror reflects the two doors below on the sideboard and the pictures reflect the drawers in the sideboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment