Thursday 26 January 2012

Philippe Starck:La Co(o)rniche Hotel

     Philippe Starck www.starck.com     



This is the La Co(o)rniche hotel designed by Philippe Starck, it is situated in Pyla-Sur-Mer in France, Europe and opened in 2010.  


     Things I Love:    
  • The purity of the white colour pallet.
  • I actually really love the chrome that is featured in the bedroom (I thought I was a stainless steel girl, so I am quite surprised!)
  • I love the angle that the bed is positioned in the room and love the little desk/dressing table positioned behind the headboard. 
  • The panelled wall detailing I love, I especially love that the wall has been built out creating a small shelf area. I love that the panelling has been stopped short of the ceiling and that the large pictures are positioned at the lower height. 



     Things I Love:    

  • The wardrobes are stunning, I love the colour of the textured glass, it is so subtle but creates a stunning visual effect against the pure white pallet.
  • The opening into the bathroom, showing the gorgeous freestanding bath looks amazing, my favourite part about the bathroom is large, simple mirror positioned behind the bath - gorgeous!
  • I really like the mat or carpeting that is used in the hallway below, I love the story that appears to be written.



No comments:

Post a Comment